Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sad News

I mentioned a few days ago that I hadn’t heard anything from my web dude for a while.
Usually he phoned me to find out if I had another Bugsport page coming. I hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed him the latest toon anyway. After a few day’s he still hadn’t posted it, so I phoned him, got no answer, but left a message.

My messages weren’t returned so I got worried. Taras lives just down the street, so I walked down and knocked on his door, no answer. His car was parked out front, and the lights were on. I tried to look through the windows, even walked around back, nothing.

I phoned the police. They came by later, and I told them my concerns. (Taras was a bit of a shut in, and had heart problems)

Later after I went to bed the police called back, and told me they’d forced entry and had found Taras deceased, of natural causes.

The last time I saw Taras in person was a Christmas, when I brought him a plate of Christmas dinner.

Bye Taras, it was good to know you.

(I’m not sure what’ll happen with the website now. Will have to figure that out later)



Anonymous said...

Good luck with the website Ted, sorry for the loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's terrible. I've been on those calls when I worked Emergency Services.
Hmmm, We've had good luck with for our hosting of my wife's Business site. Maybe check them out.

Anonymous said...

73's Taras
You have alot of friends left behind who will keep your memory alive.


Ted Bastien said...

Thanks for your comment Jay



icenine said...

To My Friend and Companion Taras;

Taras and I met on the University of Toronto campus back in the 1980's. He has a loyal and compassionate friend since. When my dad died two summers ago, Taras was on my doorstep in hours. He once drove me to Merryville Indiana because I told him I wanted to see Warren Zevon and his band. I still remember our first date so to speak, when he invited me over to Pauline Ave. for Ukranian Christmas dinner which his mom cooked. When Taras's mom died at home I know Taras was saddened for years.
Taras devoted all his time to running his web servers from home. When he started hosting Ted's Studio and Bugsport, Taras was thrilled. He proudly told me that Coast to Coast AM even picked up Bugsport. Taras and I were big fans of Art Bell and the Coast to Coast Program. That's what got me through the long midnight shifts at St. Mike's Hospital for years along with the fact that Taras and our good friend Annie would pick me up and drive me all the way back home to Waterloo. Taras I will miss you terribly.

icenine said...

Visitation for Taras Pryjma;

There is a visitation for Taras on Sunday February 22nd from 6 to 8 pm at the Cardinal Funneral Home on Annette north of Bloor.

Ted Bastien said...

Thanks for the info.


Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ted.

I met Taras through my long-time friend Annie.

Taras had a gentle soul and treated others with kindness, regardless of how they treated him. I was very addicted to his sense of whimsy -- who wouldn't be? I know his last couple of years were difficult. Hopefully, he's in a better place. But Earth was a better place with Taras here.

-- Vince
New Mexico

Unknown said...

Copied from Thought4TheDay 2/20/2009

Tribute: to Taras VE3YTP

..Feel good when somebody misses you ..

Feel better when somebody loves you

... But feel best when somebody never forgets you.


Gone, but never forgotten.

John T. Lytle said...

I'm back after many months, This site is blocked at my work and I couldn't access to your blog and Here am I at different place, totally shock to hear about Taras. I am sorry about this.

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry for the loss of your friend Ted.